Sunday, May 3, 2009

11 second club



If I can pry myself away from Resident Evil 5 long enough, I'm going to work on a submission for the May 11 sec club. Here's some of my rough drawings for what I'm hearing as a scottish/viking sort of character. So far I'm up to "when you let im go .."

Update: It's very ugly to look at, but what the hell, I thought I'ld add a quick line test I did for "when you let im go. .." It's just keys and prob not lined up right. My idea is basically to just animate the head and PS it on the body and just nudge it with the skew tool for "go." Anything to avoid redrawing the body 14 times ish. Then do a big animated action for "and let them fly." If this works I can put my energy into that and avoid wasting time redrawing stuff that isn't really moving.

8 comments:

Trent Correy said...

Im also in the 11 second club....its on hodgey

Shane Plante said...

God, your designs are awesome man. Inspirational to say the LEAST! I can't wait to see you and Trent dominate the 11 second club man...I will be watching. You should totally post your Work in Progresses up here man!

Christopher Hodgey said...

Thx Shane, your feedback's always a boost. I'll def keep posted with the progress!

Mat Hains said...

I just heard the clip for the 11 second club. It is really good. It's rare that I can see some acting that quick. I might just give it a try myself!

Good character Hodge. Are you going to make it in flash, harmony, traditionally, or have your traditional-photoshop combo?

Christopher Hodgey said...

The plan atm is traditional with some photoshop tweaking. I don't want to go all out in Flash yet without some practice.

Def give it a go and keep me posted, I know Collin and Trent have something in the works too!

Revathi.M.Kulkarni said...

heya just was goin thru ur blog...wow these are great work...i love them..:)

Christopher Hodgey said...

Thank you very much for the positive feedback Angelrev :)

Nachshon Rubel said...

looks good man,I like the design a lot.